Toniic LLC is a global network of action-oriented impact investors, both individuals and institutions. We increase the velocity of money and services into impact investing to address global challenges. Our members commit to discover, evaluate, nurture and invest in entrepreneurs, enterprises and funds that are changing the world for the better. Between our 45 members, we are looking to place $100 million into global social enterprise. Over this next year we will expand significantly globally, while also going deeper with our current members to enhance their investment practice, and by extension, their potential for social impact.
Toniic is seeking a San Francisco-based intern for 25 hours a week over an 8-week period starting July 8, 2013. The position will provide exposure to social entrepreneurs and to impact investors part of the Toniic Network. Responsibilities include:
- Conducting research on the impact investment industry and writing briefs on specific geographies or sectors
- Conducting research on the crowdfunding industry as it relates to impact investing (in the donation, equity and debt-based crowdfunding sectors)
- Preparing marketing materials
- Supporting our deal flow manager and membership service director in updating relevant deal databases
- Preparing and attending investor calls and meetings
- Attending impact investing industry events
- Conducting other tasks as necessary
- Possess strong inter-personal, written and oral communication skills
- Be part of an MBA or MPA or other relevant Masters program
- Have a passion for the impact investment industry and a desire to join the industry post-graduation
- Be comfortable with multiple software/online platforms; including Xcel, Powerpoint, Salesforce, the Google suite etc.
- Have strong research skills and enjoy understanding trends in a nascent yet global industry
- Be based in the San Francisco or Bay Area
- Be ready to bring the level of creativity, commitment, time, patience, and humor it takes to work with a start-up organization
Toniic offers to pay $1500 as a stipend for 25hrs/week over the 8-week period. The hours of work are flexible though it will be required to join the team in the San Francisco office for at least 2 days a week.
Please email your resume, cover letter, writing sample, salary history and the names of 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15, 2013, with the title: “Toniic Internship”. Please note that only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Toniic!