Oslo, 15 May 2019
Toniic joins four other organizations in signing the “Coalition for Impact” Memorandum of Understanding
OSLO, Norway — Today at Katapult Future Fest 2019, Toniic and CSP, Katapult, Nexus, and BMW Foundation and its Responsible Leaders Network signed the “Coalition for Impact” Memorandum of Understanding, designed to accelerate the flow of capital toward positive net impact.
“The goal of this Coalition is to mobilize trillions of dollars for positive net impact investments by 2030, and to better collaborate across our networks so that we can guide people to the right place at their stage of the impact journey,” said Toniic CEO Adam Bendell.
The “Coalition for Impact” Memorandum of Understanding is as follows:
We, the representatives of the BMW Foundation Herbert Quandt and its Responsible Leaders networks, Center for Sustainable Finance and Private Wealth at the University of Zurich, Katapult, Nexus Europe and Toniic networks, represent leaders and wealth holders committed to responsible use and stewardship of resources and the use of business as a force for good.
We recognize that the current financial system has created great benefits for society, and that those benefits are distributed in a way that leaves out many important interests. Absent fundamental change, we see that omission of important interests and unequal distribution of benefits accelerating unacceptably.
On behalf of the networks we represent, we declare the joint aspiration to transform the financial system to an inclusive one that serves humanity and the planet as a whole.
We therefore plan to work together to achieve that fundamental change, focusing on the mechanism of impact investing which aligns our efforts.
While other changes in policy and the practices of businesses, governments, non-governmental organizations, and philanthropy will also be needed to achieve this ambitious outcome, we believe that private finance has a critical role to play.
Goals and Activities
We seek to mobilize trillions globally invested for positive impact by the year 2030 in order to change the financial system to one that serves people and planet. This includes investments supporting the year 2030 targets of the UN Sustainable Development Goals, and a broader shift in investor behaviour to further positive net social and environmental impact from the financial system.
To further that goal, we agree to collaborate globally across our networks, and with other networks and organizations, to mobilize capital for good. That collaboration includes:
- Building relationships and trust between the networks.
- Providing coordination capacity across the networks.
- Referring potential participants to the network that best serves them at their current stage of journey.
- Celebrating together, and providing opportunities for our members to get to know each other and collaborate.
- Working together on strategic projects that build the impact investing field and ecosystem.
- Enable personal transformation amongst our constituents.
- Encouraging joint projects among our members
- Working towards the financial sustainability of the infrastructure that will make this vision possible, including the ongoing work of the signatory networks
- Identifying levers beyond impact investing we can also influence towards a sustainable future.
Interested in joining a community of like-minded asset owners? Join Toniic and help change the way the world invests!