Membership Services Director
Toniic LLC is a global network of action-oriented impact investors, both individuals and institutions. We increase the velocity of money and services into impact investing to address global challenges. Our members commit to discover, evaluate, nurture and invest in entrepreneurs, enterprises and funds that are changing the world for the better. Between our 45 members, we are looking to place $100 million into global social enterprise. Over this next year we will expand significantly globally, while also going deeper with our current members to enhance their investment practice, and by extension, their potential for social impact.
Toniic is seeking a Membership Services Director to lead our membership activities. Primary responsibilities are ensuring member satisfaction with Toniic, and providing support for the CEO in various areas. You will be an individual contributor, with wide responsibilities:
• Leads on-boarding and some ongoing interaction/communication with new members
• Creates and executes systems for the collection and management of member, meeting and deal data, including analysis of results and trends
• Shares responsibility for individual member management
• Assists members as they complete Toniic deals
• Increases retention of Toniic members through innovation, and incorporation of best practices
• Provides all project management to ensure successful monthly meetings, including technology systems, facilities, etc.
• Leads and/or supports regional/sector meetings as necessary
Deal Flow and Deal Execution Management
• Coordinate with Deal Flow Manager to track deal execution
• Accountable for maintenance of tracking and CRM systems
• Provides materials and research support for online and offline marketing activities
• Leads CRM implementation and communication strategy
• Produces and manages Toniic newsletter to external stakeholders
• Provides materials and research support for the recruitment of strategic partners (sponsors & non-sponsors) and members
• Shares foundation fundraising responsibilities
• Responsible for purchasing, implementing and service provider relationship for IT systems
• Responsible for maintenance of the Toniic website
• Possess very strong inter-personal and communication skills
• Be detail-oriented and organized
• Entrepreneurial positive attitude a must!
• Have an understanding of the impact investment industry
• Be fully comfortable with multiple software/online platforms; including Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce, the Google suite, Drupal or other web management software, etc.
• Have strong data management skills—collection, interpretation, turning into tangible action
• Based in the San Francisco or Bay Area
• Be ready to bring the level of creativity, commitment, time, patience, and humor it takes to work with a start-up organization
The ideal candidate would additionally:
• Have experience working with high net worth individuals in a “customer service” capacity
• Have marketing experience
• Have design or web development capabilities
• Have proficiency in multiple languages
• Have experience as an investor or investment manager in seed stage, VC or impact investments
Based on experience and salary history. This is a part-time role at 30 hours a week, initially – with the potential of scaling to full time. This role provides flexible working hours and is ideal for someone interested in getting into the impact investing industry.
Please email your resume, cover letter, a writing sample, and the names of 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only candidates that are invited for an interview will be contacted.